Wednesday, July 14, 2021

rodeo broncs



So … we have the most adorable neighbors. They both are in their mid-80s … retired and both ex-rodeo broncs. They were out around the corner collecting fire wood yesterday and got themselves in a bind. They high centered their truck and were … STUCK big time. 

They gave us a call and off we went to “dig” them out. After about 2 hours we got them home safe and sound … and with the wood they wanted.

We came home … dirty and … spent. 

OK … we aren’t spring chickens … I’ll turn 65 this September. Hubby is lots, lots, lots older than me at 68. But these folks … put us to same. We were huffing and puffing and gasping for air. 

Hmmm … out done by lil’ ol’ frail folks who have 20 years on me. 

Hmmm … what lesson did you get out of this???

13 comments:

  1. That an active life leads to an active life! It's why I'm still "in training", my friend. I want to be one of those 80-somethings that can still be independent! I've already outlived my own mother by two years... next target... outlive dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya lady !!! I out lived my Dad who passed at 58 from cancer. Mom is still ticking at 80+. Granma was 97 1/2 in a nursing home with an escape ankle bracelet coz she wouldn't stay put.

      Neighbor still chops his fire wood after gathering it.

      Delete
    2. Your mom and grandma have set a high bar to live up to!

      Delete
  2. ROFL! H and I plan on staying here in our little off-grid corner of the Adirondacks as long as we can. I guess the lesson is, "stay off your butt" Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... ya mean I can't just sit here day in and day out watching the idiot box ???

      Delete
    2. Well, you CAN... ...but you might not enjoy the consequences! 😂

      Delete
  3. I was so thrilled when you told me this. I want to be them at that age and probably will be!

    I'm happy you've go this figured out (I'm still learning things)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa ... I got this page up and posted with your and OneKidsMom's help. I'm still figuring this out. Now to find a food tracker.

    I hope ... fingers and toes crossed ... to be as nimble as our neighbors. They BOTH went through COVID coz they flat out would not stay home.
    😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore our elders…they are not afraid to be themselves and have such stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh ... being exactly who you are without one iota of care about other's opinion !!!

      Delete
  6. You're going to be JUST like them, for sure -- never ever giving up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's amazing what these 'spunky old folks' can teach us, eh! They are adorable.

    So . . . lesson learned is . . . keep doing! Keep moving!

    Hugs

    Glad you landed here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet story. We are each 72 and our neighbors, wife 86 and husband 89, run circles around us. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete