Friday, July 16, 2021

gotta catch up

DS1’s blood work indicates the meds are finally working. Whew. Just not fast enough. So, doc has upped them again!!! DS1 has been experiencing daily migraines for months … but just in the past 2-3 weeks they have lessened.

So, with the symptoms and blood work improving … stay on the increased meds until October when blood work and MRI will be repeated.

We love our DS1 immensely … but with the change … we won’t go back to Texas until the Fall. Texas in August … YUCK.

Met a lady yesterday at the store … they just moved here from Texas. The joke here in Colorado is … it’s made up of half Texans and the other half Californians. Texans getting away from the heat and humidity … Californians getting away from the smog and sky-high price of living.

A few errands this morning in the Springs and then the afternoon spent finishing up BFF’s GS’s quilt backing. I have been dragging my feet finishing it … coz, well … it’s kinda sad to be finished doing the one BIG thing I could do for BFF.

I got a couple of days of being … on track. I gotta catch up to OverWorkedJanet.


7 comments:

  1. That's great news about the meds working for your DS. And can't say as I blame you for not wanting to visit Texas in August... although it's pretty nice in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL - I get the feeling Texans feel inundated by Californians, too. And I remember bumper stickers in CA when I was a kid that said, “Welcome to California... Now Go Home!” 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for staying on track ! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear the good news about your son -- our relatives in Texas are heading to Taos for some heat relief!! Good work on those quilts . . . such a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Native Texan here that used to dream of retirement that included the 3 summer months at Estes Park. Didn't happen & not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been one of the weirdest wettest Augusts that I can remember here in Texas… Needed a jacket when I went down to the barn this AM (still cloudy & overcast in the aftermath of rainstorms last night)

    ReplyDelete